Here at Grocery TV, we’re not shy about singing our praises for digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising. This channel is quickly becoming an essential part of any marketer's media mix given its targeting and analytics capabilities, creative flexibility, and real-world impact.
In this post, however, we want to let the data speak for itself. We compiled 9 of the latest DOOH industry statistics that you should know about as a marketer.
We hope these offer insight into the growth of DOOH, its impact on consumers, and how it fits within today’s advertising landscape.
Top DOOH advertising stats to keep in mind
1) The DOOH market was valued at $41.06 billion in 2020 and is set to grow significantly to $50.42 billion by 2026. (Research and Markets)
2) DOOH led the overall growth of out-of-home (OOH) advertising in 2021, and the segment jumped 22.7% compared to 2020. (The OAAA)
4) 98% of consumers have visited a DOOH venue type in the last 30 days (And 74% of those people specifically mentioned going to the grocery store). (Vistar & MFour)
5) 49% of consumers noticed digital street-level OOH advertising in the past month. (Nielsen)
6) 69% of viewers took some sort of action after seeing a digital street-level ad. Actions included searching for an advertiser online, visiting their business in person, or posting to social media. (Nielsen)
7) As a result of spending more time on outdoor activities, consumers are noticing OOH ads 45% more than pre-pandemic levels. (The OAAA)
8) 62% of consumers notice digital billboards. (Nielsen)
9) Out of five advertising channels, consumers said that billboards and in-store digital displays were the two they found the least annoying. (Grocery TV)
Pretty impressive, DOOH-n’t you think?
We’re excited to see the DOOH space grow exponentially over the next few years. If you’re interested in learning more about what our DOOH network, Grocery TV, can do for your brand— reach out to us! We’d be happy to chat.
In the meantime, be sure to check out our media kit to get the low-down on our network coverage, measurement technology, partners, and more.Media Kit